Views and trending drifts from the music industry
Why, Where, And How To Hire A Topline Writer
HOW TO HIRE A TOPLINE WRITER?
Sometimes you might not just have everything you want at the top of your finger. You might be a bad ass producer but your artistry and specialization has nothing to do with writing lyrics or pouring your heart out to a perfectly made beat. If you belong in this category all you need is a Topline writer and your problem is solved.
TO GET STARTED: WHO IS A TOPLINE WRITER?
A topline writer is a songwriter who writes melody and lyrics over a beat or instrumental that has already been created by a producer, and the process is called toplining; he/she would carefully lay melodic phrases on the instrumental and make it a whole memorable song.
The question you might have in your head right now is the full function of a topline writer when it’s music related.
This depends on what you as a hirer require of a topliner. However, we’ve taken our time to list out the values a topline writer can bring to the table:
1. They write a melody on an already made instrumental/beat
2. They write lyrics on an already made instrumental/beat
3. They record vocals on an already made instrumental/beat
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST OF HIRING A TOPLINE WRITER?
It depends on how big and experienced the topline writer is, and the licensing option you’re opting for as a hirer. There are three major licensing options available, and they are discussed below:
1. Non-Exclusive: This is usually for limited release, and the writer will be credited. You fall under this option if you’ll be needing topline writer for a song that will be sung for your wife on your wedding day, or for your father on Father’s Day.
- Exclusive: This is mainly for commercial use, but you’ll have to share the publishing with the writer. Even though you’ll own the final song, you’ll still have to credit the writer.
- Buy-Out: This is the ghostwriting option, which is always much more expensive than the previously discussed options. You’ll be free to do whatever you like with the final delivery, and you’ll only make a one-time payment.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS I WILL NEED TO SEND TO A TOPLINE WRITER TO GET STARTED?
Once you’ve been able to locate a topline writer you want to hire, to get started he/she would demand for few requirements, and we’ve taken our time to list them out below:
- Concept/Storyline: The concept can come in the form of drafts/mockups you already have or an idea/memory that keeps popping up on your mind, and you would like to bring to life.
- Structure: The number of Verses, Bridge, Pre-chorus, Chorus, Post Chorus, Interlude, and other sections of the full lyrics you would like to incorporate in your song.
- Reference Track(optional): Reference Track will serve as a model for the topline writer, as it will help him/her understand the kind of writing touch, tone and melodic vibe you’re gunning for.
- Instrumental: You’ll have to send over the instrumental he/she would record on.
We believe in the above piece, we’ve been able to cover all the necessary facts you ought to know before you hire a topline writer.
Latest from the Blog
We Have Ghostwritten over 1,274 songs
Request A Free Proposal
Complete the form below correctly to schedule a free consultation with us. Kindly fill correctly. We shall get back to you within a day.
Top Brands Recognize Us:
What Our Clients Are Saying:
Genres We Do
Check Out Some Of The Projects We've handled
(We like Bragging About them)
Lets create yours today.