Views and trending drifts from the music industry
Hiring A Lyrics Writer: All You Need To Know Before You Hire A Song Lyrics Writer
It’s pretty direct and straightforward: a lyrics writer is a professional that writes lyrics in texts; people often mix them up with songwriters, but they are quite different. A songwriter writes lyrics and composes melodies, while a lyricist only takes care of the lyrics writing process.
The reason why lyrics writing service is in high demand in today’s music industry can’t be tracked down under one umbrella as it’s varying. However, below you have a few reasons which we came about as a result of the survey we carried out of recent:
1. Writer’s Block: This is described as a lag in a writer’s creative ability to write as a result of writing too much.
2. Lyrics Review: Artists hire lyricists to review their lyrics as they feel the lyrical words can be better.
3. Not Possessing the Ability: Some singers are good with melody and are gifted with a silky and smooth voice; however, when it comes to playing with words they are lacking; so, most times they end up outsourcing the lyrics writing part of their projects
4. Busy Schedule: When artists attain limelight, they find themselves in a tight situation whereby to be able to keep up with the bunch of gigs at hand, they hire ghostwriters.
5. Not Being Equally Adept in all Genres or Topics: Some artists are choosey when it comes to lyrics writing because they are not equally adept topic-wise; some only write about love and heartbreaks, while some write better when writing about women empowerment. The same thing applies to the genres, some have this kind of poetic touch in their lyrics and only take on Ballad and RnB projects while some are gifted with cheesy simple lines, which goes well with EDM, and some sub-genres of Afrobeat.
Finding a writer can be tricky even though there is plethora of lyrics writers online; all you just need to do is search.
Once you’ve been able to locate a lyricist you want to hire, to get started he/she would demand for few requirements, and we’ve taken our time to list them out below:
1. Concept/Storyline: The concept can come in the form of drafts/mockups you already have or an idea/memory that keeps popping up on your mind, and you would like to bring to life.
2. Structure: The number of Verses, Bridge, Pre-chorus, Chorus, Post Chorus, Interlude, and other sections of a full lyrics you would like to incorporate in your song.
3. Melody(optional): If you’ve a melody already that you would like a lyricist to write to, you’ll need to send it with the requirements too.
4. Reference Track(optional): Reference Track will serve as a model for the lyricist, as it will help the lyricist understand the kind of writing touch and tone you’re gunning for.
For a lyricist to write for you, he/she will subject you to some agreements, which comes in three forms, which includes; Non-exclusive, Exclusive, Buy-out.
1. Non-Exclusive: This is usually for limited release, and the writer will be credited. You fall under this option if you’ll be needing lyrics that will be sung for your wife on your wedding day, or for your father on Father’s Day.
2. Exclusive: This is mainly for commercial use, but you’ll have to share the publishing with the writer. Even though you’ll own the final song, you’ll still have to credit the writer.
3. Buy-Out: This is the ghostwriting option, which is always much more expensive than the previously discussed options. You’ll be free to do whatever you like with the lyrics, and you’ll only make a one-time payment. These licensing also applies to topline writers.
We Have Ghostwritten over 1,274 songs
Request A Free Proposal
Complete the form below correctly to schedule a free consultation with us. Kindly fill correctly. We shall get back to you within a day.
Top Brands Recognize Us:
What Our Clients Are Saying:
Genres We Do
Check Out Some Of The Projects We've handled
(We like Bragging About them)
Lets create yours today.